Currently

Wednesday, June 25, 2014



Always love a quick moment with my sweet husband.
My lifelong friends - Jennifer, Alli, Kelly and Jamie. We organized our youth group reunion a few weeks ago and it was so much fun. I love these ladies!
It has been a crazy packed couple of weeks - we had our youth group reunion which was a blast, I interviewed for a new job (and got it- more on that later) and had a lot of events with family and friends. Also my friend Jess and I found roommates for the Influence Conference via Twitter. The internet is real y'all!

Sorry for being a lazy blogger! 

Feeding - Eating a ton of grilled corn on the cob, crushed ice (omg my new fridge makes the best ice and I eat it all day long - and yes I know it's bad for your teeth), and popsicles. Brighton is obsessed with roasted brussel sprouts so we eat those probably once every two weeks. 

Reading - I am reading "Heavens to Betsy and Betsy In Spite of Herself" right now. It is an easy but really enjoyable read. I have so many more books from my reading list to get through - I hope I can do it. 
Conceding - That working out is really the best stress reliever ever. My right knee is bad and I always end up with shin splints, but darn it if I don't love running in the summer heat. It is so satisfying!

Needing - To paint the ceiling, crown molding and the window sash in the kitchen (then we will be done and I can take "after" photos and show them to the world!). Also needing to finally set up our office - the stacks of papers are piling up!

Gearing up for - Sushi night with friends tonight, a baseball game Friday night with friends and a Saturday at the water park with Matt and Brighton. 

Procrastinating -  Painting this huge mirror frame and ordering curtains and curtain rods for our bedroom. Plus, hanging our gallery wall in the dining room. I'm a little weary of home projects. 

Thankful for - Again, this wonderful home. Every night after dinner as I am cleaning up, or putting the kiddo to bed, I reflect on how long it took us to get here and how much work we have put in and just count my stars. Seriously, I feel so lucky. 


Also, I got a new tattoo - my second actually - a few weeks ago and I am so thankful for how beautiful it turned out. If you follow me on Instagram you have seen it, but I have wanted a realistic watercolor type tattoo of a dogwood tree branch with its flowers in bloom. I found an amazing artist here in Charlotte and his workmanship speaks for itself. Dogwood's flowers mean endurance and this piece of art is a reminder of what I have endured, and to continue to endure when life gets messy and hard. It is also the NC state flower, so it has a double significance for me.  I am in love with this thing!



Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.

5 comments:

  1. Your tattoo is just gorgeous - I love it! I also think your choice of placement and how it fits your forearm is awesome...I've never considered that area, but now you've got me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, your Tat is Beautiful! What is your first tat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the word Charis (which means grace in Greek) on my left wrist.

      Delete
  3. Where did you get your tattoo? I am looking for a good artist to get my first one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground