36

Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday I turned 36.

Matt planned the whole party for me - he's such a gem!
It was a beautiful day - sunny, unseasonably warm for late October and the skies were a perfect Carolina blue. I slept in, drank coffee in my pajamas, had a mommy/daughter date and then a grown up date with Matt and a group of friends that night. We rented a private room at a restaurant, drank margaritas and ate good food. We laughed, took pictures and my friends sang to me.

my little afternoon date
I love my friends!
Seriously these ladies are the best!

It was perfect day and a perfect night. I am so lucky to have all these people in my life.


So I could wax poetic about all the things I learned in my 35th year of life, but this time I'll just share the most important ones:


  • I still don't handle conflict or drama well.
  • If you want to change something in your life, don't put it off - do it now. 
  • You'll think you've heard or seen it all, but people will still surprise you. 
  • Forgiveness is a process, not summarized by a moment of letting go, but by choosing to let go every single time you think of how you were wronged. 
  • A few extra pounds on my waist and hips affects everything in my life. It's 5 pounds on the scale, but it weighs so much more than that emotionally. 
  • Bitterness is a fast growing weed and can easily smother everything around it. 
  • I'd rather be great at one or two things than mediocre at a few things. 
  • Investing in people is always, always worth it. 
  • My greatest wealth is in my friends and family. 


Cheers to 36! (I can't believe I'm four years away from 40!)

3 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground