| (Office selfies are the most embarrassing kinds of selfies) |
Feeding - I've been continuing to eat smaller portions and avoid certain foods to help with my goal to get healthy again. Food is truly my weakness - I love to cook, I love to eat - but if I want to lose this extra weight I have to start limiting much more during the week. Eating high protein meals have kept me really satisfied and have also reduced my cravings for sweets.
Reading - Finished "Ready Player One" before my reading list deadline earlier this week. Now I'm making my list for this coming year! (Thanks to those of you who sent me recommendations!)
Conceding - Working out, even for 25 minutes, is better than nothing. It's treating myself and I need to continue to look at it that way. Also, sticking with a routine during the week - whether it be cleaning, laundry, meal planning, self-care (like washing my makeup off every night no matter what) - makes the rest of my life much, much easier. Routine = peace of mind (for me at least).
Needing - To do a deep clean of our bedrooms (like sweep under the beds really well, mop, dust everything, clean the windows and window sills, wash all the linens, and clean in the closets too) and also order a new bathing suit for our upcoming trip to Hawaii in March.
Gearing up for - Dinner with girlfriends tomorrow night and a long weekend as a single parent (Matt is in Salt Lake until Monday). I've got so much respect for parents who do this gig solo - you are rock stars.
Procrastinating - I still haven't taken all those bags of toys and baby gear to consignment. Ugh.
Thankful for - Good health (we are all not sick for the first time since early December). Also, I'm so thankful for my parents and in laws who babysit Brighton during the week and give us so much grace when we are late picking her up in the afternoon (sorry Mom!)
What are you up to currently?
Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.
Oooh Hawaii! Which island are you going to? My husband and I were stationed there for a couple of years and loved it. We spent time on Big Island, Oahu, and Kauai, so let me know if you need any info!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I'd love to live there! We are going to Oahu - the North Shore. Would love any recommendations!!!
DeleteStaying at the North Shore? Brilliant. Waikiki is nice, but it is SO crowded. We gained a lot of love for the North Shore and the Kailua/Lanikai area. Yard House is a fun eating spot; it's a chain, but it is such a fun place and they have hundreds of beers on tap. Duke's in Waikiki is a must and the fish is amazing. Tiki's Grill and Bar is a favorite; try to sit out on the lanai if you can. Kailua/Lanikai Beach was one of our favorites. Super relaxing. Don't bother with the Dole Plantation, it's really not worth it. Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail is a fun, easy hike. The Lanikai Pillboxes is more strenuous and pretty awesome. Yelp has some great hikes and waterfalls to check out. You guys are going to have a blast! Actually, a friend of mine wrote a guide for Hawaii, I'll email it to you today!
Delete