I'm writing this blog post on a cold, dreary Wednesday when the entire southeastern United States is still in a panic over ice that happened earlier this week and cold weather. People came up with the silliest hashtags like #SnOMG and #Snowmagedon (really y'all?) We are such babies about cold weather here!
Monday was President's Day which meant a day off with my little one. We spent the morning running errands in parkas and hats and then eating too much popcorn and watching movies until nap time. Then I spent Brighton's nap time catching up on my freelance job, which I still can't believe I decided to keep because I have zero extra time. The experience is good and it keeps my brain fresh and the extra cash is nice, but I think I don't want to do it anymore.
Working out consistently has been going well. I finally bought some real compression running pants. Those suckers are no joke. They suck you in and are so comfortable. I haven't seen any change on the scale, but my pants are getting a little more loose. But I've really struggled with eating the right mix of protein to stay full and reducing sugar in my diet. Also, Girl Scout cookies are a real struggle. I ordered 5 boxes from my niece Sophie and then realized that I have 5 BOXES of cookies in my house. While I'm trying to lose weight. Dumb decision Motts.
Also reading. I can't get enough. I started my fifth book of the year last night and am hooked. I'm posting short reviews on my Instagram if you need a recommendation. Now I'm just trying to figure out how many books I can bring to Hawaii next month (I don't have a Kindle or e-reader!). Also, in other book news I was hired to edit a non-fiction book! It's a smaller manuscript, but I'm excited for the opportunity! In addition to writing, editing is a dream of mine and this is a nice step in that direction.
Hawaii! Thanks to everyone for suggestions on what to do, where to go and eat and the like. I can't believe we will be there in a few weeks. I also cannot believe we are leaving Brighton for so long - it'll be 10 days apart which is the most ever. I'm sure she will survive... me maybe not.
Did anyone else enjoy the SNL 40th anniversary show? It was a little long, but it was so good. Especially Bill Murray. And Steve Martin in his King Tut outfit. I have weird crushes on both of them. Also, I miss Stefon and Seth together. They were so funny.
I know Valentine's was last weekend, but it was really good this year. Brighton had a cookie decorating party at school and Matt and I went on a nice dress up date to a new restaurant. And Matt bought flowers for both of us (side bar: he also gave flowers and money to this homeless lady and her two daughters. He is seriously a gem.) I hit the jackpot with my little family. Here are a few pictures from our Valentine's weekend:
| Brighton and her best friend* at school during the Valentine's party. They were so cute! |
| Brighton likes to cuddle and read books before bed. Her little arm around Matt's shoulder? I die. |
| Our one good V-day date photo. A super drunk woman insisted on taking our picture instead of letting us finish a selfie. Also, we were home by 930pm cause we old! |
Ok back to work. Have a great Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for commenting!!