This month marks two years since we renovated our bathroom (all in one week mind you!)
So far you've seen the renovation of
the nursery,
our living room and
the kitchen. The bathroom renovation was pre-blog, but I thought it'd be fun to share the photos from beginning to end:
Before
 |
| Look at that sad little medicine cabinet mirror and vanity. |
 |
| View from the hallway. The owners before us had "flipped" this bathroom by adding new linoleum and a new vanity. Oh and the floor was uneven so the toilet rocked. GROSS! |
We tore the bathroom down to the studs and sub-floor and started completely over.
 |
| Where the toilet/sink was. |
 |
| Where the tub was. |
 |
| First we added the new tub |
 |
| Then new sheet rock and moisture board in the shower, |
 |
| Other side |
 |
| Then a new EVEN sub-floor. |
 |
| New tile going in the shower - we got it on sale at Lowe's for .79 cents a piece! |
 |
| And the same tile on the bathroom floor. |
 |
| We added new outlets and a new light fixture. |
 |
| We installed beadboard at 3/4 height around all the walls, plus installed a new toilet! |
 |
| All new window moldings, door frames and shoe molding. |
 |
| We painted the beadboard and moldings white, then Matt built a custom vanity that was the perfect height, width and depth for our tiny bathroom. We purchased the awesome black and white bowl sink and faucet off of eBay for $149! |
The "After"
 |
| The finished product! You like?? |
 |
| Another view |
 |
| I painted the walls a very light icy blue to keep it airy since the room is so small. |
 |
| Yep that's me standing in the tub to get this shot. Hello! |
 |
| My husband built that vanity! I'm still so impressed with this skills. |
 |
| The shower/tub. Yes we have a lot of bath products. I like variety. |
 |
| My favorite thing in the room - the sink. |
And one more just for fun:
 |
| BEFORE = HOT MESS! |
 |
| AFTER = HOTNESS! (you liked that play on words didn't ya?) |
Hope you enjoyed going down memory lane with me. I love before/afters don't you?
How about a vote since my bathroom rocks? Please and thank you.
LOVE your bathroom!!! Wow. I always end up satisfied/apathetic when I get to "makeover #1". Like...it doesn't make me wanna vomit, guess we're done here. I need to be encouraged to go for the real deal- fabulous!
ReplyDeleteYes! I do.
ReplyDeleteAlso, why doesn't Matt do this for a living? Or does he? His sweet skills are... pretty darn sweet.
Wow! That is an incredible makeover! You guys did such an amazing job and I agree, Matt has an amazing skill!
ReplyDeleteso good, love that fish eye lens, perfect for before/after shots :)
ReplyDelete