Friends and Readers,
I don't talk a whole lot about the ministries or non-profits that Matt and I are involved in (tooting our own horns = not good for anyone), but I want to tell you a little about Cinder Skatepark.
Cinder is run by this amazing couple - David and Meredith Tolentino.
![]() |
| I have no clue what they are doing here. They are so much fun. |
![]() |
| Aren't they just precious? |
Cinder's Mission is to love God and people: "We enjoy tearing down cultural stereotypes of what it means to be a Christian. The Cinder Project is about training disciples to take action, have passion, and to not be afraid to step out in non-vocational ministry. We equip modern-day missionaries who exist in culture. Our goal is not to create more and new Christian cultures but rather, to change the existing cultures over to Christ."
Cinder is in the process of moving locations - not a small feat when all of your skatepark is indoors and built by hand! They are also planning a trip for their skate team to Los Angeles this July.
Matt will be accompanying the team to L.A to be their film crew!! And I get to go! Meredith and I are going to be the full-time house mama's and cooks to this group of boys.
So here is where I need your help: the cost for the trip is partially covered by Cinder, the rest is out of our pocket. Cinder has created t-shirts so each team member can sell them and make money towards their trip. Here is the shirt:
I'm selling them for $18 bucks a pop which includes shipping. They are men's sizes, Small - Large, but are a slimmer fit - I normally wear a women's medium and a small fits me. The money helps me go on the trip as the "help" while these amazing kids minister through skating around L.A.
| I should have ironed it! |
If you are interested in purchasing one, please shoot me a comment with your email address. Thanks for your support!



how fun that you get to go!! so exciting!
ReplyDeleteHey Kara,
ReplyDeleteI would love to get one for Tim.
My email is : jenniferbiffert@gmail.com
Such a great idea :)
Jenn