Currently

Friday, July 20, 2012

The last few weeks have been hectic at work, hectic at home. I've not had a chance to really write something of substance but I'm hoping to have some great posts over the next two weeks on the following topics: an update on my friend Tonya, my thoughts on labor and delivery, a little ode to my first two kids (my dog and cat) and maybe, if I can convince Matt to do it, a post from Matt about our marriage. 

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for their incredibly helpful advice on what to pack for the hospital! I have a little shopping to do this weekend. Also, one of my amazing readers sent me her list of things to have at home for post-partum recovery - so helpful! 

My dear friend Lorean had her baby last week. We had the opportunity to visit the day he was born and Matt and I instantly fell in love. Be sure to read her amazing labor story here - isn't she a radiant mama? I love her and her family so.very.much.
This is not Brighton! This is Asher and he belongs to my friend Lorean.

I finally tried that no-heat curl headband thing and it worked! By the end of the day, it had fallen a little too much for my taste, so next time I'll load up on a little more product before I do it. 


Matt and I finished our "preparing for labor" courses at our hospital this week.  The instructor was a total fruit-loop (she was one of those nurses who always has some wacky story or random joke to tell for each section), but I feel like I learned a lot that I wouldn't have read in a book or even learned from friends. We also downloaded an app called "Full Term" to help time my contractions.  So fun/scary!


We installed Brighton's car seat this week! We had to wait for a night when it wasn't 100 degrees or pouring rain (the two options we have had in Charlotte in the last 3 weeks). It feels SO REAL that she is going to make her appearance soon!

We also purchased the stroller I've been eyeballing for months - and it should arrive this Monday. I'm so excited to have one that I can work out with!




Tonight Matt and I have a little date planned (the new Batman movie and some dinner), tomorrow is Tonya's birthday and Sunday we are celebrating Jess and boho baby number 2! 

I hope you have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh. LOVE the stroller!! Gorgeous color. Bookmarking that for sure, for any eventual children I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously drooling over that stroller. Must convince my husband we need a new one (doubt he'll agree as we already have 2)! I don't know if you have one but I highly recommend a sun shade for the car seat. We live in GA and it's so hot and humid all the time. The sun shade keeps the car seat warm rather than scalding hot after the car has been sitting in a parking lot for a while. Though you might not need it yet if you plan on using the infant seat on the stroller. The one we chose was so heavy I never took it out of the car until she outgrew it at 9 months and we replaced it with a convertible car seat. This is the shade I bought and it works great: http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Car-Seat-Shade/dp/B00125NZSQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1342807233&sr=1-1&keywords=car+seat+shade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love our bumbleride indie! It's great for jogging :) I'm drooling over the aqua which wasn't available when we got ours last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the bumbleride indie and it is amazing you are going to loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so well prepared!

    The stroller seems very convenient.

    laurence

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog....so exciting! I'm also glad to hear you'll be writing about your friend Tonya. Since reading her story on your blog I think about how she's doing often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kara! I would love to hear what was suggested for post partum, I am due just a few weeks after you. So excited for you guys and you look so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground