40 Weeks

Monday, August 6, 2012

Please excuse the puffy face. I just woke up from a long nap before we took these.
 How far along: 40 Weeks
 
Baby's size: 7 pounds and 20 inches long (according to Baby Center). I'm going to try to get a more accurate estimate from my nurse-midwife today.
 
Sleep: For the last few nights I have slept really, really hard. So much so, I wake up with sheet marks on my face and arms!
 
Maternity Clothes: Yes plus all my stretchy skirts and long tank tops. I am really looking forward to getting back into my regular clothes and hopefully wearing some of my sundresses before fall begins.
 
Food cravings: Same as usual - anything cold like ice cream, frozen yogurt, Slurpee's etc.
 
Food aversions: None.
 
Symptoms I have: Hot and sweaty still, a little waddling at the end of the day, achy hips and a couple contractions here and there (nothing consistent and they are pretty mild). 
 
Doctor’s Appointment: This morning!
 
Movement: Yes, but I think she is running out of space now. Her movements feel a little more dramatic.
 
Belly Button: Out!
 
Gender: Girl!
 
What I’m looking forward to: Meeting my daughter either this week or next week (hopefully I'm not 2 weeks late!)
 
What I miss: This week I don't miss anything. I am just enjoying these last moments before motherhood begins.

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Getting so close. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear it well!! Eeep! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one beautiful pregnant lady! :) I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good!I was a week late so hang in there! Any time now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So close and looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Você esta ótima , quero só ver se eu vou conseguir chegar na 40 semanas e assim como vç esta .
    Parabéns.Camila

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a beautiful pregnant woman...

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurence you are always so kind and encouraging! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  8. You're carrying 40 weeks really well! Can't wait to hear that you've got a healthy baby girl in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great. Good luck to you in these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck! i loved every second of my pregnancy right up to the last and it is heartwarming to see you also enjoying it so. having your baby girl in your arms tops it all though! i just got mine july 17...pure magic! i wish you a wonderful birth experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're looking good and this is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara! Congrats in advance for what will be one of the most amazing experiences in your life! I've been reading throughout these past few months and I'm wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kara!

    I've been reading your blog since around the beginning of this year and haven't ever commented, but I just wanted to mention how awesome and well-rounded I think you are and that you're going to make a great mom. I hope that doesn't sound too weird coming from a total stranger! Can't wait to read about your journey into motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say! Thank you for the encouragement as I am definitely having moments of "Oh my gosh, am I going to be able to do this?!" about motherhood. Thank you for reading and God Bless!

      Delete
  14. Ooooh! I slept really hard for a couple of days before Lily decided to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! I'm sure you're ready to meet your little one! It's been fun following your journey:)Blessings to you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have read your blog and find that your articles are amazing, i have added this into my bookmark. Thanks a lot.

    Tubal Reversal Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhhhhh! Soooo excited for you. You look radiant. Take care of you, before AND after she arrives. Wishing you a fantastic birthing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I discovered so many beneficial thing in your blog site especially it’s discussion. On the a lot of feedback on your articles, I guess I am not the only one getting the satisfaction right here! keep up a good work.

    Find Doctor Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground