2 Months

Monday, October 15, 2012


Darling Girl,

How are you already two months old? Time is going by too fast and I am trying to soak up every single moment with you. What a privilege and honor it has been to be your mama.

Other parents have said that you can't possibly know the kind of fierce, passionate and enormous love you have for your children until they are in your arms  - but now I do know. I didn't think I could love anyone the way I love you. Your daddy and I are madly in love with one another, but we have also fallen head over heels in love with you too. We are totally wrapped around your tiny finger.

This last month has been full of such sweet moments and milestones. You were smiling and cooing already, but your range of "talking" to us and your interactions have doubled. You now have daily "conversations" with me and your daddy, cooing and laughing. You smile all the time at us, your toys, other people - anything that amuses you. People have told us how shocked they are at your range of expressions for your young age and we just tell them you love your life (and you're a baby genius)!

You are now 11 pounds and 24 inches long - you've grown out of all your newborn diapers and clothes, as well as a lot of the 0-3 month clothing! You started sleeping 6-8 hours a night, totally on your own too, but your naps are becoming much more sporadic and short. As long as you keep sleeping those long stints at night, your naps can be whenever you please! Once you are a little older we'll try to be more organized with your nap times.  You still eat so well and I love nursing you - it's such a sweet time.  

We spent most of this month enjoying the last of the warmer weather - we took long walks in the park and on the local greenways with friends; we went to the beach twice and you loved the warmth, wind and the big sounds of the ocean; we had weekly play dates and even went to a local farm for pumpkin picking. You are always so content to be outside, it brings you instant peace. I hope we get to spend more time outside together as the weather grows cooler and the leaves on the trees start to change. Fall is such a beautiful time of year.

Brighton Love, you bring so much joy to my heart and life. I hope I can continue to be the kind of parent you need as you grow up. I pray daily that God would protect you where I cannot, that He would always surround you with love, peace and joy. Your daddy and I love you tremendously and you are the perfect addition to our family - life feels so much more complete with you in it.

Happy 2 Months my love, our darling girl. We love you!

5 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just adorable and this is such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you write about the fierce, passionate love for a baby is very true. You can imagine how much you love a child but when you meet him or her, the wave of love is beyond understanding.
    I felt the same when meeting my boy two years ago. Love keeps growing and growing.

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet and beautiful. I am also feeling hopeful reading she sleeps 6-8 hours a night. I am under no illusion that our now 3 week old baby will be the same at 2 months, but it gives me hope so I'm going to hold onto it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your baby sleeping a longer stint at night - like even 4 hours? She started at 4 hours around 3 weeks and gradually an hour kept adding on as se got older - by 7 weeks it was 7-8 hrs and its still around that much. I just made sure she ate enough during the day (like every 2-2.5 hrs) so by 11pm she would be ready to sleep for a while.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground