Currently

Monday, September 9, 2013

Matt joined a rec kickball team and Brighton is the new mascot

Dan, Missy, Matt and I at the local Greek festival this past weekend

Feeding - I ate kale for the first time last week and have become slightly enamored with it. I made this recipe and added sauteed garlic chicken and Israeli couscous. So good!

Reading - I asked for some book reviews from two friends and plan to head to the used book store to find "Election" by Tom Perotta and "In The Woods" by Tana French.


Conceding - That I am addicted to shopping. I don't indulge in my addiction much, but I absolutely love the process of it - pursuing online, window watching, trying on items, all of it. I purchased a few great pieces from Stitch Fix this weekend and also ordered this bag as an early birthday present. 

Needing - To set aside a night each week to either hang out with my girlfriends or to just hang out by myself. Although Matt and I have a great routine with our daughter (she's in bed by 7pm, we make and eat dinner, clean up the house a little, and hang out), I feel a little cooped up in the house and slightly withdrawn from my circle of friends since I work out of the home full time. Matt has a regularly planned guys night, so I need to start doing the same to recharge.  


Gearing up for - Matt, Brighton and I are headed to Arkansas to visit our favorite family next weekend. This will be B's second flight - the first one was also to Arkansas but she was only 3 months old at the time and slept or nursed through both flights. I am a little nervous about flying with her since she is such a wiggle worm, but I plan to stock up on some fun snacks and a new toy to entertain her for the hour and a half. 

Procrastinating - Actually I've been super motivated lately to get stuff done when I think about it. I finally went to the eye doctor (who told me that I wear my contacts for too long and that without corrective vision I am considered legally blind), and the dentist, and also cleaned out of closet in advance of a clothing swap my girlfriends plan to have in the next month or so. I also meal planned for the next two weeks!


Thankful for - My mother and mother in law. As I was driving B to my mother in law's house this morning, I was thinking about how lucky I am that she has two amazing women in her life who love her dearly and are devoted to her well-being.

Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.

2 comments:

  1. hello Kara,

    you are indeed very lucky to have two relatives who can take care of B every day without worrying. None of my relatives would babysit because it is so demanding!

    Lucky you
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground