Time Off!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My holiday vacation starts on Friday and I’m silly with excitement. I get 14 days with my daughter and husband – no work, no obligations (save hanging out with family for the holidays) and no agenda to meet!

 

However, I do want to take advantage of the time I have with Brighton and do some fun stuff, including:

 

-          Visiting the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra at Founders Hall – it’s this animatronic group of bears in tuxedos and ball gowns acting like a orchestra. They play holiday songs and this feature has been around since I was a child. I plan to take Brighton on my first day off so she can enjoy them too.

-          Going to “Pay your own price” Mondays at Monkey Joe’s. Matt has never been and Brighton is a typical kid – she loves bouncy houses! I’d like to see her have a good time there with her daddy.

-          Take an afternoon nap together. She has fallen asleep in my arms a few times lately, so I’m going to try to see if we can snuggle and snooze in our bed together one day next week.

-          Spend a whole day in our pj’s. Sometimes it’s just nice to be comfy and not leave the house!

-          Take her to the park at least every other day (weather permitting). Her favorite place to be is outside and hopefully the sun will stay out so we can go run and swing and maybe kick a soccer ball around.

-          Teach her a few new words. She is learning so eager to read and try out new sounds.

-          Soak up every moment, even the hard ones. I am so thankful to be employed full-time and help take care of my family’s financial needs, but I miss my child every single day. I want to appreciate what I have, even if it’s just a few days with her.

 

Happy Tuesday! 


5 comments:

  1. I completely know where you're coming from on missing your child every day while at work. I work full-time too but am blessed to get to do it from our home. Unfortunately my type of work does not allow me to be able to accomplish much when kids are home so they go to my Mom's. Very blessed with this situation but still miss them. Enjoy your time off!! I am off the week of New Years Eve this year so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have children (yet) but enjoy your blog. I hope I'm half the mom one day that you seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit publish too soon. Also wanted to say I love how you you are always so honest and open in your posts.

      Delete
    2. Tara, thank you!!! That was such an encouragement to me. I try to be a good mom - some days are better than others ;)

      Delete
  3. looking good Kara!I I love your coat.

    Enjoy your time off with your family and friends. You deserve it.

    Merry christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground