I love Fridays! (Unless they are spent being sick as I did last Friday, and three weeks ago after my Delaware trip.)
Last night, I got my hair did (yes I know that is grammatically incorrect,
I'm quoting the great Missy Elliott) and I love it. I cannot express how much I adore my hairdresser - she always keeps me blonde (because you know how much I like to change my hair seen
here and
here) and lets me have some fun too. She is the one who convinced me to cut these modern bangs:
This time we just did the usual for spring - blonde and super blonde highlights with a couple of lowlights thrown in. And I made her cut a few inches off - my ends were so burned up looking. (I need a new hairdryer, my current one is 6 years old and is too hot for my fine hair.) But she also did something super fun! She added two hot pink extensions!
 |
| Can you see them peeking through? They are underneath the top layer of my hair. | | |
| |
|
Side Bar: I am going to start posting some outfits more often. I love looking at what other people wear - like on this blog, and this one and this one. I'm wearing a shirt by Old Navy, Belt is Urban Outfitters, Jeans are Gap, Flats from Target (you can barely see them but they're cute!)
Here is a better shot of the hair.
As an update to our
flooring situation, we are still trying to find an affordable floor refinisher! Most are quoting us $2.50 sq/ft. We might have to end up doing it ourselves.
Here is the state of our living/dining room right now.
 |
| Please note the awesome drywall and mud from the kitchen doorway move/widen project. Also, the fireplace mantle is gone! |
 |
| Speaking of, here is the before. I hated this thing - looks nice from far away, but up close it was knotted and yellowing. It had about 16 layers of paint on it and the tile surround was bathroom tile painted black. U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi! |
 |
| And after. Matt is going to rip up the tile on the floor, and build an entirely new mantle - clean lines and not as big too! |
 |
| Another view of our floors and room. |
 |
| You can see the new part of the mantle here, it's not attached to the wall yet, we have to retile the hearth first. |
 |
| New doorway into the kitchen - which is the next project after the floors and fireplace. |
 |
| View from inside the kitchen into the living/dining. |
 |
| And here is all the carpet, padding and the fireplace mantle ready for the dump. That's our awesome back deck Matt built. He's so freaking handy. |
So onto the weekend! Tonight Matt and I are headed to see UNC-CH play Long Island in the
NCAA tournament. Tomorrow I am going to try to enjoy the weather and do something outside - like weed my garden. Then I'm headed to a baby shower for my friend
Rachael, and onto
church - we just started a Saturday night service and I'm working in the nursery. Hopefully Sunday will be full of rest and time with Matt.
Happy Weekend to you!
How about a little click for us? Thanks!
you make me miss my long hair :(
ReplyDeletebut it looks lovely on you!
also, I say do the floor yourself!
hey kawa, i love the hair stick straight and i LOVE the pink! you pull it off -it's fun! also the floors are amazing can't wait to see them all finished! love ya.
ReplyDeleteyah!! love the pink! i want more NOW! and i can't wait to see how your floors turn out!
ReplyDelete!!!!!!
ReplyDelete