Ever since Christmas when we moved our bistro table outside to make room for
the fake tree, we've been eating with plates on our laps or sitting on the floor. Not fun! The bistro table can only seat 2, the chairs are heavy and frankly, I want a better table.
 |
| It cracks me up to see how different this room is now!! |
Commence table and chair hunting!
We need something that will seat at least 6, has a leaf to expand the table and something in a dark finish that is baby proof. (Gotta be practical here people!) Here are some of the tables I really love:
 |
| Parsons Dining Table by West Elm |
 |
| Lancaster Dining Table by Pottery Barn |
But who are we kidding really? These tables are over $500 a piece! I know it will last us a long time, but with kids in our (hopefully no so distant) future, I don't want to worry about every little nick and scratch to a nice table.
We'll probably just get this one:
 |
| Bjursta from Ikea - seats up to 8 for $200! |
And now onto the chairs... I'm tempted to go for something funky and colorful!
 |
| Like these Village Citronella Yellow Side Chairs from C&B |
 |
| Or these Scoop Back Chairs from West Elm |
 |
| Henri Dining Chair by Anthropologie |
Or do we just go traditional like this?
 |
| Ingolf chair by Ikea |
Help! What do we choose for chairs? Traditional or fun? I'm off to look online and at Craigslist for more ideas...
funky for a sure. you can always repaint them later.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason that chair from Ikea looks REALLY comfortable. :)
ReplyDeleteAnother idea: just up the road in Lexington, NC is a great scratch and dent store where you could get a great table for way under $500.
Oh- P.S. the comfy chair gets my vote- so make sure you spend good time sitting in them before you choose- that way you get to hang out and linger a bit longer around the table with friends and family.
ReplyDeletei have to say that i love the yellow chairs....so cheery!! but, the scoop back chairs are just too fun for words :) good luck and have fun with it!
ReplyDeletePier One has some great funky chairs right now. I think it would look great to have them colorful and all different colors!
ReplyDelete